McDonald’s is adding four new menu items for a limited time starting Jan. 31 amid growing social media popularity.
It’s the first time the fast food chain will be offering “hacks” by name, according to CNN.
which menu hack will you build yourself first? see u 1.31
(1) land, air & sea
(2) crunchy double
(3) hash brown mcmuffin
(4) surf+turf pic.twitter.com/0onjnP0hDT
— McDonald’s (@McDonalds) January 27, 2022
The four menu hacks include:
- Hash Brown McMuffin – a breakfast-only option that includes a hash brown wedged into a sausage McMuffin.
- Crunchy Double – six chicken nuggets in the middle of a double cheeseburger.
- Land, Air and Sea – with one bun, a combination of a chicken sandwich, a Big Mac and a Filet-O-Fish.
- Surf and Turf – a combination of a double cheeseburger and a Filet-O-Fish that is only available through delivery or on the company’s app.
Customers will be able to order all four items by name, which will then have to be assembled by hand, according to Delish.
McDonald’s joins other chains — such as Dunkin’ Donuts, Starbucks and The Cheesecake Factory — in placing items patrons have created themselves on their menus for a limited time, according to CNN.
McDonald’s tried a similar idea in November with the “Sweet Chicken Sammie,” another hack made by ordering a McChicken Biscuit and syrup with an Egg McMuffin. (RELATED: McDonald’s Will Require Workers And Customers To Wear Masks, Vaccinated Or Not)
“This campaign shows that it has never been ‘our menu’ — the menu belongs to our fans,” said Jennifer Healan, vice president for marketing and content at McDonald’s. “We’re excited to celebrate them in a bigger way than ever before by putting their delicious hacks — as seen on social media — on our menus.”